Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missingroot.crt

From: Martin Pitt <mpitt(at)debian(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq 8.4 beta1: $PGHOST complains about missingroot.crt
Date: 2009-04-10 23:28:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane [2009-04-10 19:01 -0400]:
> This seems a bit handwavy --- there's a difference between the machine's
> own cert and what it thinks is a root cert.

Sure.

> How do you deal with that?  If the root cert is real, how do you put
> in self-signed server certs?

I'm afraid I don't understand. If an admin replaces the default
snakeoil cert with a real one which he got signed by a CA, then of
course he would replace the standard system SSL cert (which all the
servers default to, and which is initially the snakeoil one) with the
"good" certificate. I don't see a reason why an admin would replace a
self-signed cert with another self-signed cert?

Thanks,

Martin