Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Temporarily (I hope) disableflattening of IN/EXISTS sublinks

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Temporarily (I hope) disableflattening of IN/EXISTS sublinks
Date: 2009-03-30 02:01:03
Lists: pgsql-committerspgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Yea, this is beyond the detail we normally put in the TODO list.  If we
> want to add this I am afraid we will need to document other optimizer
> items as well.

FWIW you could just add all that text to a subpage of Todo, and point to
it from the regular TODO item.  For example the new page could be
Todo/FlattenInExistsSublinks (so it would be a page just for this
particular item).

Or, if you're feeling adventurous, you could name the new page
Todo/OptimizerAndPlanner and move all the items to it, with the same
formatting as the main Todo, and with whatever excruciating detail you
want.  Of course, there would still be a pointer to it from the main
Todo.