Unsupported effective_io_concurrency platforms

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Unsupported effective_io_concurrency platforms
Date: 2009-03-23 20:21:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If a platform doesn't have posix_fadvise(), we don't allow
effective_io_concurrency to be set to anything but zero:

test=> set effective_io_concurrency = 1;
ERROR: 1 is outside the valid range for parameter "effective_io_concurrency" (0 .. 0)
test=> set effective_io_concurrency = 0;
SET

Do we want to give a more informative error message, like "not supported
on this platform?"

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com