Re: the sad state of our FAQs

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the sad state of our FAQs
Date: 2009-03-13 21:11:55
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-www
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> With some help from alvaro I just moved the current version of the FAQ
> to http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ. For now this is mostly just a
> reformatted version of what is on the main site with some minor
> adjustments done (like spelling fixes and some invalid URLs removed).
>
> I will look into updating the website if people think this version is fine.

There are some very minor formatting glitches left, but the good thing
about this being on the wiki is that anybody can go and fix them.

The bad thing is that translations have to be maintained by hand (as
they always have).  The spanish one is already in place:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Preguntas_Frecuentes

Stefan tells me that Mediawiki has plugins to help with the translation,
but for now they continue to require hand inspection.  We'll welcome
more information on this regard.