Next meeting: March 16th, 6:30PM @ OmniTI offices

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: bwpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Next meeting: March 16th, 6:30PM @ OmniTI offices
Date: 2009-03-09 18:56:29
Lists: bwpug
Howdy folks,

do to a scheduling snafu, we've scheduled our next meeting for March 16th
(next monday!)  Our speaker will be Greg Smith, from Truviso, doing
an "Introduction to pgbench".  pgbench is is a simple benchmarking tool
included with postgres for doing basic system/performance checks using a
postgres database.

Greg Smith has been writing business applications in PostgreSQL since adopting
V7.0 as the only sensible open-source database in 2000.  After a few years of
fighting database scaling issues, too, he started contributing code to the
core project starting in V8.3, primarily in the area of performance tuning.
Greg currently works for Truviso, whose TruCQ streaming database product
leverages the core database and SQL features of PostgreSQL.

Hope to see you all there!

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net