BUG #4679: invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected near byte 0xa3 + postgresql

From: "Bhajesh" <bbhajesh(at)zeomega(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4679: invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected near byte 0xa3 + postgresql
Date: 2009-02-27 10:06:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4679
Logged by:          Bhajesh
Email address:      bbhajesh(at)zeomega(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1
Operating system:   red hat linux 9
postgresql
Details:

Hi

   My previous server database encoding was SQL_ASCII.i took the backup in
UTF8 encoding.when i was going to restore the backup in new server whose
encoding is UTF-8 it is throwing some error like "invalid UTF-8 byte
sequence detected near byte 0xa3".When i tried to restore same server then
also it is showing same error.I don't know why it is happening please help
me.

pgsql-bugs by date