Re: graph representation of data structures in optimizer

From: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Adriano Lange <adriano(at)c3sl(dot)ufpr(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: graph representation of data structures in optimizer
Date: 2009-02-27 01:06:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Adriano Lange <adriano(at)c3sl(dot)ufpr(dot)br> wrote:

> The patch attached is an implementation for graph generation of data
> structures in postgres. The file debuggraph.c is a simple library that
> generate graphs in the format supported by graphviz.

It's interesting, but I don't think it is suitable for a core feature.
Could you split the patch into a core-patch and an extension module?
The extension module would be put in contrib or in a pgFoundry project.
XML might be good for communications between the core and the module;
XML-explain was ongoingly discussed, but had not been completed yet.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center