Re: About wxODBC

From: Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About wxODBC
Date: 2009-02-23 03:55:47
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> Yeuch. I'm still not convinced we want to use wxODBC - it sounds like
> it's got more issues than we knew about :-(. How much pain would be
> involved in using ODBC directly? On Windows, everything should always
> be available, as it should on Mac (which uses iODBC). On Linux we'd
> need to be able to run regardless of whether iODBC (or unixODBC if we
> supported that) was installed.
If our code follow the ODBC standard, I think them will works fine.
Like the wxWidgets's definition, include corresponding header files for different platform.

A new compile option is needed.

> Well, that's good for us, but not good for you if there's lot's of spare time!
Don't worry about this. It is not because of economy crisis. ^-^
The most of my company's projects is designed in Japan and developed in China.
With the low-cost, our business is same as last serial years almost.

And in our projects, always use some free frameworks or tools which coded by java.
Sometimes them need be modified in order to support Japanese or Chinese.
Most was done by me.
But I would like to do something with C or C++.
So after discussion with my boss, I got permission.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com
CIT Japan: http://www.cit.co.jp
CIT China: http://www.citbj.com.cn