BUG #4664: \o does not allow successive output to be appended

From: "Brent Wood" <pcreso(at)pcreso(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4664: \o does not allow successive output to be appended
Date: 2009-02-18 20:29:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4664
Logged by:          Brent Wood
Email address:      pcreso(at)pcreso(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.16
Operating system:   SLES, OpenSuse
Details:

The \o command to capture output to a fike will overwrite any existing file.
I have users here wishing to accumulate \o output in a file. Perhaps a \o+
option could be provided to allow successive output to be appended to the
same file?

Tom Lane suggested \o | cat >> file as a workaround.

I know this is not a bug, but I couldn't find anywhere to submit a wishlist
item, only pages listing existing items.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Md. Abdur RahmanDate: 2009-02-19 05:23:57