About wxODBC

From: Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
Subject: About wxODBC
Date: 2009-02-17 10:22:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi, all

The class wxDb has a method: GetCatalog(const wxChar *userID)
We can use it to retrieve tables' info.

But, this method return a pointer to wxDbInf.
The class wxDbInf has some fields:
    wxChar        catalog[128+1];
    wxChar        schema[128+1];  // typically means owner of table(s)
    int           numTables;      // How many tables does this datasource have
    wxDbTableInf *pTableInf;      // Equals a new wxDbTableInf[numTables];

The problem is that the schema field looks wrong.
When there are multiple schemas in corresponding database,
it is the first one's name(alphabetic).
And the class wxDbTableInf don't include schema-name.

Do you know how to get full table list and their schema?
I had tried some wxWidgets methods, did not found.

If it can't, we have to let user input a SQL statement manually.

And under MS-Windows, we can use ODBC API: SQLTables method to do this.

Thanks.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com
CIT Japan:  http://www.cit.co.jp
CIT China:  http://www.citbj.com.cn

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Ashesh VashiDate: 2009-02-18 07:45:46