Re: Import: I need help

From: Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
Subject: Re: Import: I need help
Date: 2009-02-13 09:21:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
> The second way is to use SAVEPOINT.

> You can use savepoints:

This a good idea. I forgot it.

> I think you should take a look at pgloader:
Ok, before the work go on, I study from them.

And more one question:
I think the import work should get a new PGconn instance before it starts.
in document: said:
It is not possible to execute other SQL commands using the same connection
while the COPY operation is in progress.

How about the INSERT command?
When them start work within a new transaction. It seems to fall into same situation.

Quan Zongliang
CIT Japan:
CIT China: