[findings] minimal open source e-commerce software for pg

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [findings] minimal open source e-commerce software for pg
Date: 2009-02-08 18:56:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 01:43:10 +0100
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it> wrote:

> I need to build up a minimal e-commerce website on a host that is
> already running postgresql.
>
> Requirement is minimal. Usual configurable pretty standard
> couple of paying/shipping system and popular enough to find
> cheap/free skins and very basic cms feature to display no more than
> 4-5 pages.
>
> This has to be a quick and dirty job and the actual requirement are
> just the above.

After googling and downloading some of the most popular open source
ecommerce software I didn't find any that works out of the box with
PostgreSQL.
Theoretically since drupal support postgresql ecommerce and ubercart
modules, they should support postgresql too. But that's just theory,
reality is different.

BTW I just put a B2B ecommerce engine in production that use drupal
as the output layer and strictly PostgreSQL for all the business
logic.
When I had to choose the DB... PostgreSQL really seemed the best
candidate (maybe the only in the open source world).
I consider ecommerce more similar to accounting than cms, and in fact
among accounting programs Postgresql is much more popular.

That's why I'm pretty surprised I couldn't find any open source
product that could run out of the box.

I'm so surprised I'm thinking I didn't do well my homework and I'm
still here to ask if anyone know any open source ecommerce software
that run on PostgreSQL out of the box.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it