Re: Pet Peeves?

From: rhubbell <Rhubbell(at)iHubbell(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pet Peeves?
Date: 2009-02-08 03:09:51
Lists: pgsql-general

In the case of DBD::Pg it seems that it just uses the output of
pg_config. It seems absurd that that information can't be stored in
psql. There must be some good reason that it's not.
Is it because psql is stripped?

At least the build information (which pg_config spits out) could be stored
in a text file that psql knows about and then psql --buildopts would
give you that information.