Anyone do video streaming / podcasting?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Anyone do video streaming / podcasting?
Date: 2009-02-03 17:36:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy sfpug

All,

Last month, David Fetter used Skype to link Postgres geeks in China into our
monthly SFPUG meeting for Jeff Davis' presentation. This was extremely
popular with the folks in China and they'd like to do it again.

We're looking for inexpensive video podcasting equipment to start doing video
of the SFPUG presentations. Ideally, we'd really like to stream so that
viewers abroad can ask questions over chat.

However, neither David nor I have done video streaming or podcasting before.
We'd like to find good-but-affordable equipment and some kind of free/cheap
streaming service. Not sure where to start, though. Help?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL