Re: How to store files into the DB with PHP. (bytea ?)

From: François Delpierre <pgsql(at)pivert(dot)org>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to store files into the DB with PHP. (bytea ?)
Date: 2009-02-02 14:13:10
Lists: pgsql-php
On Monday 02 February 2009 14:17:38 tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz wrote:

> But I am just guessing - about a month ago I wrote an article about ways
> to store files in a PostgreSQL database:
>
> http://www.fuzzy.cz/en/articles/storing-files-in-a-postgresql-database/
>
> The site is still under construction, so a lot of stuff is missing there
> (sorry), but the last section might give you a hint how to mimic LOBs, get
> rid of some of the BYTEA / LOB disadvantages.
Thanks for this address, this clearly expose the problem. It looks like there
is no perfect solution. As I can live with a file size limit of 15Mo for a
memory_limit of 64Mo in PHP, I'll certainly go to BYTEA. Anyway, if I use
stored procedures to enforce security, the PHP pg_lo_xxx functions will be
useless.

Thanks a lot,

François Delpierre