Re: ecpg grammar in CVS is annoying

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ecpg grammar in CVS is annoying
Date: 2009-01-30 19:19:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Oh, another thing -- ecpg has a dependency on libpq, but it is not
> declared in Makefiles, so if you build ecpg without first building
> libpq, it errors out.

This seems to fix the problem, but I'd prefer a rule that declared the
dependency without recursing ... is there a way to do that?

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values

Attachment Content-Type Size
ecpg-deps.patch text/x-diff 865 bytes