Re: reloptions with a "namespace"

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: reloptions with a "namespace"
Date: 2009-01-29 19:01:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera escreveu:
> > > I wasn't sure of the best place to add a check.  I have added it to
> > > transformRelOptions; I am not entirely comfortable with it, because it
> > > works, but it still allows this:
> > >
> > IMHO it's the appropriate place.
>
> I think the best place would be parseRelOptions.  The problem is that
> transformRelOptions does not apply any semantics to the values it's
> parsing; it doesn't know about the relopt_kind for example.  That stuff
> is only known by parseRelOptions, but when the options reach that point,
> they have already lost the namespace (due to transformRelOptions).

Okay, so I've changed things so that the transformRelOptions' caller is
now in charge of passing an array of valid option namespaces.  This is
working A-OK.  I'm now going to figure out appropriate pg_dump support
and commit as soon as possible.

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"No es bueno caminar con un hombre muerto"