Re: Pet Peeves?

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pet Peeves?
Date: 2009-01-29 18:55:13
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thursday 29 January 2009, Terry Fielder <terry(at)ashtonwoodshomes(dot)com>
wrote:
> and that ties to:
> 2) If I try to kill 1 postgres pid (e.g. to abort a bad query), the
> whole backend shuts down and rolls back.
> Can we get a way to look at and then kill a specific bad query?

select pg_cancel_backend(pid). Or kill pid from the shell, it only kills off
one backend on 8.x anyway.

--
Current Peeve: The mindset that the Internet is some sort of school for
novice sysadmins and that everyone -not- doing stupid dangerous things