Next meeting: Feb 9th, 6:30PM @ OmniTI offices

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: bwpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Next meeting: Feb 9th, 6:30PM @ OmniTI offices
Date: 2009-01-28 19:24:31
Lists: bwpug

Welcome back everyone!

The last few months have been a busy time for everyone, but it's time to get
focused again and get meeting again. To that end, for the BWPUG February
meeting, we have lined up Stephen Frost to give a talk on Column Level
Permissions in Postgres. Column level permissions are a new feature that
Stephen authored which was recently committed into Postgres and will be
available in the upcoming Postgres 8.4 release.

Stephen Frost is a Principal with Noblis, Inc., a non-profit organization
working in the public interest supporting local, state, and federal
Government. His work includes system architecture, system design,
programming, unix administration, database administration, and management of
the Noblis Innovation and Collaboration Center Computing Resources. As a
PostgreSQL contributor, Stephen implemented roles support in 8.1 to replace
the existing user/group system, and SQL column-level privileges in 8.4. As a
PostGIS contributor and committer, Stephen updated the TIGER Geocoder for
TIGER/Line and will be introducing a new version which works with the
TIGER/Shapefile data at PGCon 2009.

Oh, and as a reminder, meetings are held at OmniTI world headquarters in
Columbia, Maryland (http://omniti.com/is/here for details). We'll look to
start around 6:30PM, and we'll have pizza and drinks available. We look
forward to seeing everyone again.

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net