Re: Swag for SCALE?

From: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Swag for SCALE?
Date: 2009-01-13 22:13:26
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh,

I've included a very "brief" set of instructions below of how to installing
pg-livePEN, which is available at http://pg-live.info, on a USB-key.

Please contact me if you have any issues installing the image to the key.

On Tuesday 13 January 2009 13:02:28 Josh Berkus wrote:
> We're going to have a booth & BOF at Southern CA. Linux Expo Feb 21-22.
>
> Can someone test & try the various PGSQL disk images on USB keys to see
> which one is suitable?

- mount the stick and copy the image over to a FAT16 partition, which should
be the primary one and set as bootable too as for example:
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt
cp -rf pg-live-image /mnt/

- unmount and execute the following command (assumes requisite system tools
"apt-get install syslinux mtools"):
syslinux -f /dev/sdb1
lilo -M /dev/sdb

Robert