Re: parallel restore

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: parallel restore
Date: 2009-01-04 18:11:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Attached is the latest parallel restore patch. I think this is getting
> fairly close.

Some random comments

- please #define the return type of prestore().  Also, that it returns
in one platform and exits in another seems weird as an API.  I think it
should return in both cases, and have the caller act appropriately.

- RestoreArchiveParallel has too many #ifdef WIN32.  It should be
possible to split it so that the cruft is contained better.

- Aren't there too many checks for libz presence?