Re: import function's progress report

From: Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: import function's progress report
Date: 2008-12-31 11:18:12
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> OK. Note that the different pages should be on a wxNotebook - don't
> use buttons to control the UI (we've - OK, I've - made that mistake
> before).

I use wxToolbook and writed a XML handler. Because I can not find method
to hide or disable tabs with wxNotebook.
The UI is controlled by "Back" and "Next" button. Only current page
enbled. This is easy to code (I am lazy -.-). It can be modified if need.

> The different sources should be on a single 'Source' tab. At the top
> of that tab, use a radio button set to allow the user to select the

Now, When open the import dialog, only one source page can be displayed.
Like the attachment.

> - Consider embedding Python (which is on the TODO anyway) and allowing
> transforms to be scripted on the client.
I know nothing about Python. Left it later. :)

> - Convert the import data to a COPY compatible format so it can be fed
> directly to the server without using INSERT which is *much* slower.
OK, good idea.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com
CIT Japan: http://www.cit.co.jp