Re: new /about/sponsors page?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: new /about/sponsors page?
Date: 2008-12-31 21:45:10
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wednesday 31 December 2008 09:42:02 Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> I just noticed we got a redesigned
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/sponsors a few weeks ago there are some
> things I would like to mention about that one. While I don't generally
> disagree with the direction this is heading towards I would really like
> to coment on a few things:
>
> * who is part of the mentioned "sponsorship commitee"(is that the
> fundraising group, -core, -www, -advocacy or what?) and how can one
> contact it(nor URL or emailaddress is provided)?

There is no official contact method that I am aware of, but all of them are
subscribed to pgsql-www afaik. :-)

> * why is the page randomly mixing PostgreSQL(platinum,gold and silver)
> and postgresql.org(bronze) - the later is usually used to refer to
> infrastructure stuff and the former to the software product.

I think the right answer here is "it was done randomly". Joshua is in the
process of cleaning that up.

> * can we rephrase ">X year" as "at least X years" or such to make it
> more obvious?

+1

> * is Fujitsu really headquarted in .au or should we actually listen
> fastware as some sort of subsidiary?(this was probably wrong forever)

The multinational fujitsu is headquarted in Japan, but the fast guys are out
of .au. When we added them previously, they said they wanted to be listed as
fujitsu but with headquarters in .au, so thats what we did.

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net