force re-planning of prepared statements?

From: pgdba(at)hush(dot)com
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: force re-planning of prepared statements?
Date: 2008-12-29 22:17:05
Lists: pgsql-php
Hi all, I am experiencing some performance issues that I think are
stemming from the PDO prepared statements functions.

I have a pretty simple query that runs:

- sub-second when issued from the command line (not prepared)

- takes 200+ seconds when run from the command line inside a
prepared statement (eg.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-prepare.html)

- takes over 200s when run from our application, within the pdo
prepared functions

- runs sub-second from our application if I prepend the query with
"explain analyze" and looking at the resulting plan, it shows the
same plan as when it runs quickly from the command line.

postgresql 8.2.11, php 5.2.1

What are my options here? I would like to continue to use bind
variables to prevent sql injection, but I'd like to force a plan re-
parse for every single query.

Any ideas?

--
Click to become a massage therapist and work for yourself.
 http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/PnY6qxsbda5xAD52Aya1On7VD40YOQA3qlB2S2RuRhpQuc9Grmy1V/

pgsql-php by date

Next:From: V S PDate: 2008-12-30 00:47:10