Re: PGCon 2008 RFP

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Bernier <robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date: 2008-12-29 20:25:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
David Fetter wrote:
> Apart from, "some entity somewhere else has done unspecified work for
> their purposes, which may or may not have anything to do with this,"
> you haven't even started making your case for the first part.

And how exactly would a template work?  I use LyX/LaTeX to create all my
presentations as PDFs.  How do I include a template in that case?  Are
you assuming everyone uses Powerpoint or Open Office?

I have to say I have never used a conference or company-supplied
template in any of my presentations, and I don't think anyone has asked
either.