return query and function result type must be real because of OUT parameters

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: return query and function result type must be real because of OUT parameters
Date: 2008-12-24 11:29:02
Lists: pgsql-general
I was doing some test to track down an error in a more
complicated function and I stumbled in this behaviour I can't
understand:

create or replace function test.test(out _rank float4) returns setof
record as $$
begin
return query select 1::float4;
return;
end;
$$ language plpgsql stable;

and I get

ERROR:  function result type must be real because of OUT parameters

ERROR: function result type must be real because of OUT parameters
SQL state: 42P13

same with text etc...

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it

pgsql-general by date

Previous:From: Ivan Sergio BorgonovoDate: 2008-12-24 08:05:40
Subject: Re: How to Import Excel Into PostgreSQL database