BUG #4564: multi threaded queries corrupt client when server debugging levels are hi

From: "Diez Roggisch" <diez(dot)roggisch(at)ableton(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4564: multi threaded queries corrupt client when server debugging levels are hi
Date: 2008-12-05 11:40:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4564
Logged by:          Diez Roggisch
Email address:      diez(dot)roggisch(at)ableton(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   Debian Lenny
debugging levels are hi
Details:

We yesterday hunted down a bug that made our
python/psycopg2/libpq.so.5-based apache processes segfault at random.

In the end, we could reproduce the error with this script

http://www.initd.org/svn/psycopg/psycopg2/trunk/examples/threads.py

locally on the machine, regardless of tcp or socket being used.

It occured after turning all logging facilities like log_min_error_statement
to the highest level possible.

The problem can't be reproduced on my developer machine (ubuntu hardy)

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Marc SchablewskiDate: 2008-12-05 14:17:59