Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: blatantly a bug in the documentation
Date: 2008-11-24 13:38:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

A. Kretschmer wrote:

> Okay, it is an argument. On the other side, it was a question today in
> the irc-channel (#postgresql) today, someone asked, why his funktion
> don't work. I think, such examples should not contain such code. It is
> not apparent that this function are not available.

Perhaps the whole chapter could be improved if all the examples referred
to a set of tables and functions previously defined in the introduction
of the chapter. It would be good if the user could cut'n paste the code
and try it out directly, instead of having to reverse engineer the
tables/columns used for each example (and they're quite inconsistent).
Also, some examples give the complete code including CREATE FUNCTION and
others don't.

Feel like submitting a patch?