Re: WIP: Column-level Privileges

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: Column-level Privileges
Date: 2008-11-14 21:38:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I didn't check the rest of the code, so don't count this as a review.

I had a look at aclchk.c and didn't like your change to
objectNamesToOids; seems rather baroque. I changed it per the attached
patch.

Moreover I didn't very much like the way aclcheck_error_col is dealing
with two or one % escapes. I think you should have a separate routine
for the column case, and prepend a dummy string to no_priv_msg.

Why is there a InternalGrantStmt.rel_level? Doesn't it suffice to
check whether col_privs is NIL?

Is there enough common code in ExecGrant_Relation to justify the way you
have it? Can the common be refactored in a better way that separates
the two cases more clearly?

Attachment Content-Type Size
colprivs_wip.2008111401-2008111402.inter.patch text/x-diff 4.5 KB