Re: specificity of claims

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: specificity of claims
Date: 2008-10-26 03:49:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Ron,

> Shouldn't the project get a legal opinion on how to handle patent
> issues on the lists?

You're right, we should publish this somewhere. If you believe that you have
knowledge of a specific, genuine infringement, then you should send the
information you have to pgsql-core (and not to a public mailing list). Core
will then seek legal help if it looks like the risk is serious.

Any idea where we could put that policy up that people would see it?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL