BUG #4495: Memory leak in procarray.c

From: "" <dvice_null(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4495: Memory leak in procarray.c
Date: 2008-10-24 20:30:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4495
Logged by:
Email address: dvice_null(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: Latest cvs
Operating system: Error in source code
Details:

In file src/backend/storage/ipc/procarray.c:386

I realize (from the comments) that xids is supposed to hold memory for the
whole time of the programs execution, but it seems to me that it leaks
memory when program is closed.

Modern operating systems should release the memory when program is closed
even if the application doesn't release it, but I thought about reporting
this anyway.