Re: 9/18 Visual Planner Meeting Wrapup

From: jterwill(at)cecs(dot)pdx(dot)edu
To: "Mark Wong" <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Postgresql PDX_Users" <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 9/18 Visual Planner Meeting Wrapup
Date: 2008-09-19 22:55:36
Lists: pdxpug
Perhaps I'm missing the point of the question, since I wasn't able to
attend, but I'll give it a shot:

Show me all faculty members (table Faculty) that have the same last
name as a student (table Student).

There would, of course, be no reason to have an FK between those
columns, implicit or explicit.  I imagine that a number of
data-mining-type queries that are trying to discover new information
or correlations within a database might have this characteristic.

Miss you guys (and the food up here actually kinda sucks),
James