Re: Download strategy

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Download strategy
Date: 2008-09-18 18:28:05
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> And guess what? It's worked. *All* the feedback I've received has
> commented on how it's far, far easier to find the appropriate
> downloads now, and since the changes were implemented, I don't think
> I've seen a single 'what/where do I download' email.

As you know, I'm strongly in favor of promoting the one-click installer as
the default option for most binaries, so that we can start bundling
"accessories". Tom's desire to keep too many features out of core just
makes this more important. So I'm very happy with the current page
layout.

I was only reacting to the claim that you had to fill out a registration
form. Since you don't, there's no issue. Sorry for not checking it
myself.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus