FAQ: how to read EXPLAYN ANALYZE and act upon

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FAQ: how to read EXPLAYN ANALYZE and act upon
Date: 2008-09-17 14:43:47
Lists: pgsql-general

The subjects says it all.

I'm looking for a tutorial that will teach me how to read explain
analyze and maybe point me to some solutions (rewriting the query,
adding some indexes, tune postgres.conf...).

I notice I HUGE difference reordering join.
Are there guidelines to reorder joint too?

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it