BUG #4412: Check constraints cannot be added to the table for fields that are mixed case

From: "Kevin" <kevin(at)rtvision(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4412: Check constraints cannot be added to the table for fields that are mixed case
Date: 2008-09-09 20:11:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4412
Logged by:          Kevin
Email address:      kevin(at)rtvision(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.15
Operating system:   Gentoo Linux
fields that are mixed case
Details:

Check constraints cannot be added to the table for fields that are mixed
case.

Example - field employeeName in table Employees
---------
ALTER TABLE "Employees" ADD CONSTRAINT "employeeNameTest" CHECK
(employeeName != 'Kevin')

---- results in  ---

ERROR:  column "employeename" does not exist

---------

I'm new to postgreSql, and using phppgadmin (also tried this with psql), so
haven't tried putting check directly on the field/column instead of the
table.  Also, the constraint I'm really trying to write requires referencing
2 columns.  For now, I switched the field names (to employee_name for
example).

pgsql-bugs by date

Previous:From: Cindy MooreDate: 2008-09-09 17:29:56
Subject: issue with postgres/xml