Re: WIP: Column-level Privileges

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: Column-level Privileges
Date: 2008-09-02 22:18:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
>   Comments welcome, apologies for it not being ready by 9/1.  I'm
>   planning to continue working on it tomorrow, and throughout September
>   as opportunity allows (ie: when Josh isn't keeping me busy).

Here is an updated patch.  I've added column-level privilege information
to the psql output as an additional column for \dp, but it depends on
the array_accum() aggregate which isn't included (yet).  This output
matches more what I would expect, but I'm open to comments.

An example of what it looks like is here, for the next few days:
http://pgsql.privatepaste.com/871z3IheMr

I havn't tested everything, but basic column-level grant/revoke should
work now.  This includes: grammer, parser, catalog changes.  It also
properly does the 'revoke all column-level when called as a table-level
revoke' SQL spec requirement.  It does not yet have proper dependency
handling.

Next I'm planning to work on adding some regression tests for
grant/revoke commands and catalog updates and make sure those all work
correctly.  Then I'll probably go through the dependency handling, and
last will be working on the changes to implement the permission checks.

	Thanks,

		Stephen