Re: TODO <-> Commitfest

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO <-> Commitfest
Date: 2008-08-27 13:05:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 09:40:26PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > Huh, what's a bidirectional link in this context?
> >
> > I think both the Commitfest and Todo are just ordered collections of
> > pointers to the archives,
>
> For example, Common Table Expressions is both on the TODO list and on
> September's Commitfest. They should probably point to each other so
> long as such a relationship exists.

Hmm, you are right; however it makes me uneasy to given committers the
burden of keeping both things updated (on top of all the other things
they already do).

On the other hand, maybe it will be less of a problem if we have links
on both to each other, so that we know we can mark the Todo as done.
We've seen those forgotten.

(Actually what this says is that we need a single link: from the
Commitfest to Todo. Linking the other way around is probably not as
useful.)