control the number of clog files and xlog files

From: Duan Ligong <duanlg(at)nec-as(dot)nec(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: control the number of clog files and xlog files
Date: 2008-08-26 06:45:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Would you like to be so kind as to answer the following questions:

- Is there any way to control the number of clog files and xlog files?
I encounter an issue that there are too many clog files under the
pg_clog/ directory which occupy more space than I can endure..

- What determines the number of clog files? what determines the
number of xlog files?

- I understand pg_xlog is used to record WAL. but what is pg_clog
is used to? Is it used to record some meta-information on the xlog?

Best regards
Gera