Re: request for sponsors page

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Re: request for sponsors page
Date: 2008-08-23 03:25:37
Lists: pgsql-www
On Friday 22 August 2008 13:51:08 Josh Berkus wrote:
> Well, $2000 is a small amount for a corporation, but it's a very large
> amount for an individual.  I seriously think that donors like Gevik, who
> gives us around $400 a year of his personal money in addition to
> contributing time, deserve some extra recognition.

If we want to recognize personal contributors, we should have a page listing
those individuals who have made contributions to the project. we could break
it up into major contributors and other contributors, and maybe even have a
section for past contributors. if it was managed fairly and updated
regularly, I bet people would really go for that.

--
Robert Treat