BUG #4370: connectby method

From: "Derek & Bob" <yinliangdl(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4370: connectby method
Date: 2008-08-22 03:34:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4370
Logged by: Derek & Bob
Email address: yinliangdl(at)163(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.0
Operating system: Linux
Details:

I've got a question about table connectby method. Say, we have five elements
which are 1,2,3,4,5. Each of them are the roots in the tree.Instead of using
five connectby methods to generate them all in the table, I assume there is
a element 0, which is the parent of them, in the tree(which is not existed
in the real table). So only one connectby is enough to get them all, and it
works.

I don't know whether it's a bug or it's ok. Thanks.