Re: request for sponsors page

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: request for sponsors page
Date: 2008-08-21 20:39:23
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thursday 21 August 2008 15:38:48 Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> >> Hmm, I think the more important factor here is the net result of support
> >> and it'd be fair to list a list of features supported. There are many
> >> important contributions developed by non full-time developers.
> >
> > Oh, I agree completely. I'm just telling you that the effort to revamp
> > the sponsors page has been permanently stuck in political deadlock and
> > lack of volunteer time for some years now.
>
> I'm not about global political changes, I'm about adding my sponsor, which
> is a the biggest postgres user in France.

Dare I mention it, but we have a history of listing people who contribute code
for each release, perhaps we should add a "sponsors" section in the release
notes, and include a list of every company who sponsors a feature for that
release (based on designation of the developer who did the work).

--
Robert Treat