Re: RFC: Grants

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: RFC: Grants
Date: 2008-08-05 00:06:57
Lists: pgus-general
Josh,

>   * Grants will available to members of PgUS of Professional or Student
> status. (This is already determined per our membership benefits)

Hmmm.  What if the best person to complete a project isn't a member?  If
it's our goal to get a feature written, for example, restricting grantees
to membership seems like a bad idea.

Also, have you talked to the attorney about having membership be a
prerequisite for grants?  There may be 501(c)3 issues with that.

Application template looks fine.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus