Re: php + postgresql

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: php + postgresql
Date: 2008-07-25 18:20:45
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 01:41:50PM -0400, Jonathan Bond-Caron wrote:

> Uhm, let's not start a PHP debate.

The post would have been more effective if you'd stopped there ;-)

That said,

> I'd say "the Web is just and always was a hack"

I have to object to this pretty strongly. What premises do you have
for this argument? It seems to me that the http and (at least
recently) xhtml specifications have been pretty rigorous. That rigour
is actually one of the things many people who want to "get 'er done"
complain about.

(Note, however, that I'm firmly in the camp that says you can write
lousy code in any language.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com
+1 503 667 4564 x104