Re: BUG #4296: Server crashes by restoring database

From: Michał Szeląg <msz(at)szel(dot)pl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4296: Server crashes by restoring database
Date: 2008-07-14 07:38:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dnia piątek, 11 lipca 2008, Tom Lane napisał:
> "Michal Szelag" <msz(at)szel(dot)pl> writes:
> > i have a server crash by retoring database.
> >
> > I try to retore my database from a custom package with pg_restore and
> > prom a plain package with psql. In both i have the same problem, psl and
> > pg_restore outputs:
> > pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error returned by PQputCopyData: server
> > closed the connection unexpectedly
>
> You're evidently tripping over some kind of bug, but we can't help you
> without a lot more detail than this. Try to identify the exact command
> that's crashing (hint: turn on log_statements and watch the postmaster
> log). See if you can put together a self-contained script that causes
> the crash. That will let us fix the problem, and it might let you find
> a workaround to reload your data even in advance of a real fix.
>
> regards, tom lane

Hallo,
the crash occurs by this command in my dump:

COPY users_history (users_history_id, users_id, uh_date, uh_php_session_id,
uh_gpsc, uh_ip, uh_browser, uh_referer, uh_url) FROM stdin;

so, i excluded this table from my dump and the same error occurs by this
command:
ALTER TABLE ONLY invoices_lines ADD CONSTRAINT invoices_lines_pkey PRIMARY KEY
(nagid, o, linid);

The plain dump of my database has size of 4GB.

I have divided my dump with head, tail, grep, dd, etc. and i have restored my
database(a have spend a lot of time by this).

Best regerds, Michał Szeląg.
--
Michał Szeląg