pitr standby on slave with skewed time

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pitr standby on slave with skewed time
Date: 2008-07-11 15:19:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Howdy folks,

Was review a clients config/setup and ran across a pitr warm standby scenario
where the master machine is set to the current time, but the slave's time is
currently sitting back in the month of May. Outside of getting ntp setup on
the machine, I am wondering if I need to do anything special with the
postgresql setup, or if just setting the correct date on the machine is a
safe enough operation that nothing else would need to be done (like re-doing
the base backup). Any thoughts?

--
Robert Treat