BUG #4296: Server crashes by restoring database

From: "Michal Szelag" <msz(at)szel(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4296: Server crashes by restoring database
Date: 2008-07-11 08:42:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4296
Logged by: Michal Szelag
Email address: msz(at)szel(dot)pl
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.3
Operating system: 2.6.23-1-amd64[debian etch]
Details:

Hallo,

very sory for my bad english:

i have a server crash by retoring database.

I try to retore my database from a custom package with pg_restore and prom a
plain package with psql. In both i have the same problem, psl and pg_restore
outputs:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] error returned by PQputCopyData: server closed
the connection unexpectedly
and i have messages in my log file:
server process (PID 11351) exited with exit code 255
terminating any other active server processes
all server processes terminated; reinitializing

my database contains composite types and array composite types.

Can you tell me, haw can i restore my database?

Best Regerds, M.Sz.