Re: BUG #4289: drop owned by report ERROR: cache lookupfailed for relation 16390

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: crystal <crystal_lium(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4289: drop owned by report ERROR: cache lookupfailed for relation 16390
Date: 2008-07-09 15:08:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> crystal wrote:
>
> > TEST=# drop owned by u1, u2 cascade;
> > NOTICE:  drop cascades to view v2
> > ERROR:  cache lookup failed for relation 16390
>
> Rats.  I guess this is due to the two-pass nature of some algorithm.
> (Dropping owned by u1 cascade drops the view too, and then when dropping
> owned by u2, it tries to find the view and the cache lookup fails).

This patch fixes it, but I'm not sure if it breaks some other case (not
awake enough yet I think).

The problem is that we're accumulating objects for all users in a single
pass, and then calling performMultipleDeletion with all of them.  As far
as I understand the comments in performMultipleDeletion, this should
work ...