BUG #4287: Will not boot

From: "Bob Thompson" <bobthompson3(at)mac(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4287: Will not boot
Date: 2008-07-08 11:04:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4287
Logged by:          Bob Thompson
Email address:      bobthompson3(at)mac(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 2.3.0
Operating system:   MAC OSX 10.5.4
Details:

Bob,
This note applies to only one computer he did not know I tried on 3 and got
the same result. Your Build Dec 20 2007 16.52.05

All I need to know how can I boot this program so it will run on MAC OSX
10.5.4. or any other rev of OSX ???
Thanks
Bob

I am replying off of eBay so we may have a record of our emails back and
forth.

What we have is an apparent security problem on your computer.  Perhaps
problem isn't the correct word, but security is so tight on your computer
that the program cannot do a network loopback to itself on IP address
127.0.0.1.

There is no single solution to this, but the best info I can provide is via
this weblink...
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/client-authentication.html#AU
TH-PG-HBA-CONF.

Please understand that I am a simple reseller and can only offer limited
technical support.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.  This program works on nearly
all purchasers computers right out of the download. But for a few, the best
I could offer is a refund.

pgsql-bugs by date