Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table

From: Peter Schuller <peter(dot)schuller(at)infidyne(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: VACUUM ANALYZE blocking both reads and writes to a table
Date: 2008-07-01 15:26:35
Lists: pgsql-performance

> > (2) If it's autovacuum we're talking about, it will get kicked off the
> > table if anyone else comes along and wants a conflicting lock.
>
> Not on 8.2 though.

That is also nice to know. One more reason to upgrade to 8.3.

Thank you very much, both Alvaro and Tom, for the very insightful
discussion!

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter(dot)schuller(at)infidyne(dot)com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey(at)scode(dot)org
E-Mail: peter(dot)schuller(at)infidyne(dot)com Web: http://www.scode.org