Re: GIT repo broken

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Subject: Re: GIT repo broken
Date: 2008-07-01 05:08:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Monday 30 June 2008 11:57:58 Robert Treat wrote:
> On Monday 30 June 2008 10:03:15 Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > > I noticed the other day that the branches in the GIT postgresql.git
> > > repository do not contain any patch after it was released.
> >
> > The cvs->git import script doesn't handle branches yet: this is a known
> > problem, just wanted to reply here so there it is on record. No idea of
> > when it might be fixed: I looked it over, but I need stronger git/ruby
> > skills and/or more free time to figure it all out.
>
> I'm not entirely sure that is true though it certainly looks that way from
> initial start. I've been messing around with the ppa repo on some other
> git providers and I have repos that seem to have all of my branches... need
> to do a bit more legwork to determine if it is all actually working though.

Just to follow up, I have managed to get all of the branches / tags from the
PPA tree into a git repo. Now, this used my local git tools and tools of a
git hosting service, so it is possible it wont work with the postgresql.org
tools, but I think all the versions are the same, so hopefully it should.
Still no sudo for me, so poke me on irc and we can do some testing.

--
Robert Treat